Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Top Ten Best Books of 2016

When you read 354 books in a year, it is impossible to pick the ten best. Here, then, are some favorites, by category from the books I read this year.








If pressed, I'd say my top ten favorites were...

Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea
Lab Girl
F is for France: A Curious Cabinet of French Wonders
Textbook Amy Krouse Rosenthal
The Violet Hour
Humans of New York: Stories
The Sun Also Rises
Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris
The 6:41 to Paris
Some Writer! The Story of E.B. White





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

28 comments:

  1. Excellent list! I see several favorites here and many more from my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm eager to read Lab Girl! You've got a few of my favorites on your list. Here's to another year of successful reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very impressed by your number of reads this year-I so want to hit 300 read next year. If I'm doing that I must fit in more reading each day. I haven't read anything on your list...I've been battling zombies and monsters most of the year! Well done and good luck with your reads next year! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read lots and lots of children's picture books....

      Delete
  4. Love how your broke this down! And I need to read the lastest Stephanie Plum novel! Hope you have some amazing books waiting for you in 2017!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun way to do your list! I've read the most in your Escapist Fiction category...I guess it was a year for escape! Have a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Dark Matter and The Thirteenth Tale and some of the others are on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Thirteenth Tale is the only one I've read. But it was wonderful. So...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...so you should probably read all the others on the list? Yes, I think so.

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful list and I love how you broke it into categories! I have all your nonfiction books on my TBR. The North Korea book looks especially interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh nice ones! I can admit that they are all totally new to me too! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you have ever read a single book that I have read!

      Delete
  10. Our Souls at Night was one of my favorites too! You read a lot of very different kinds of books, I want to read more nonfiction than I do. Happy new year and happy reading in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, many of the books you've listed sound really good. Happy reading to you in 2017!!

    Here's my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-books-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do you read 354 books a year? That’s crazy! I was happy to hit 100 this year.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are definitely allowed more than 10 when you read as you do, wow. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This exception to the rule is probably somewhere in our readers' code.

      Delete
  14. I love your categories--they definitely highlight both the breadth of your reading, and the specificity of your taste.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your categories! And very happy to see The 6:41 to Paris among your top 10. My own list will be live next week. Happy New Year 2017! I feel privileged to have met you in real life in 2016. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you included Textbook!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.