Monday, February 10, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


                 
 
 

Lately, I've been all over the place in my reading. We've had lots of cold weather and cold weather is a great time for me to hunker down and read.  Here's what I've read and what I'm reading:

ORPHANS
My Name is Esther
Orphan Train
To the End of June: The Intimate Life of American Foster Care
Burial Rites


HAPPINESS
My Year With Eleanor
My Age of Anxiety
Civility by Stephen Carter (reread)
The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can't Stand Positive Thinking


OTHER CULTURES
The Frangipani Hotel: Stories
Genghis Khan
When Asia Was the World


FOODIE LIT
Anything That Moves: Renegade Chefs, Fearless Eaters, and the Making of a New American Food Culture

POETRY
Aimless Love: New and Selected Poems by Billy Collins

WRITING
How to Write Short: Word Craft for Fast Times
The Memoir Project: A Thoroughly Non-Standardized Text for Writing & Life




CHILDREN'S BOOKS
I'm a Frog by Mo Willems
The Little Moose Who Couldn't Go to Sleep
Arthur: The Seeing Stone


FAMILY LIFE
Flyover Lives


UNEXPECTED ROMANCE

The Rosie Project
Me Before You






         

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop
Don't forget to stop by and sign up for
the Literary Book Blog Hop Giveaway!
I'm giving away a wonderful poetry book
and a $15 gift card to Book Depository! 
     







What are you reading today?!




It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. Book Journey offers a weekly contest for those who visit 10 or more of the Monday Meme participants and leave a comment telling BJ how many you visited.

20 comments:

  1. The cover of Orphan Train captures me attention every time - how could it not really!
    As some one who suffers from anxiety, My Age of Anxiety sounds pretty interesting too.
    Happy Reading!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Year with Eleanor is about a woman who is trying to cope with her anxiety, too. I loved reading the thoughts of her therapist. Lots of wisdom in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow impressive and varied reading. Orphan Train in on my must read list this year. I read 2 novels about the orphan trains in 2013, very moving. I enjoyed Me Before You but I didn't have the emotional reaction that some had.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a children's book a long time ago about the orphan trains. It was, I think, by Eve Bunting. It was very good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard a lot of good things about "Orphan Train" must see if my library has it yet. It is cold here in Iowa also, and like you I curl up in My Reading Corner and read, read, read...Thanks for the visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Orphan Train and Me Before You, and have a copy of My Year With Eleanor from the library, which I hope to start soon.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/sundays-weekly-book-recap-53.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a amazing list of books! Me Before You is on my TBR list as is Orphan Train. I have the Rosie Project for a reading group pick in a couple of months. And I am intrigued by My Year With Eleanor… will have to check that out now!

    Here's my Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been all over with your reading. =) What is it that makes me most drawn to the Orphan books? In particular, To the End of June sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed My Year with Eleanor. I hope you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was surprised at how much I liked My Year with Eleanor. Her counselor was very wise, I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are reading so many books! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these sound interesting! Hope you enjoyed them!


    Check out what we are reading this week.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of great books! Love your themes.

    I announced this afternoon a Twitter discussion of The Memoir Project on February 28 -- hope you can join us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thegirlmeetsbooks (http://thegirlmeetsbooks.wordpress.com/) has left a new comment on your post "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?":

    oh! what a great and diverse list! Since I'm really a romance reader, I zoomed in the romance books. I've read Me Before You. Have you read it? What are your thoughts on it? ^__^ Plus, I have The Rosie Project on my TBR. Happy reading and thanks for dropping by my blog. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bowing, bowing. . .

    Wow, that's a great group of books! Off to check out To the End of June

    Thanks so much for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so right! Your reading has been everywhere! What did you think of To the End of June and The Frangipani Hotel?

    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so right! Your reading has been everywhere! What did you think of To the End of June and The Frangipani Hotel?

    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  18. Frangipani was my kind of book...magical...mysterious. June was bleak.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a week! I'd be happy if I got through that lot this year!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.