Monday, May 27, 2013

It's Monday! (But It's a Holiday Monday!)

                 


What I Reviewed Last Week


Eleanor & Park 
by Rainbow Rowell
It’s been a long time since I first fell in love. This book brought it all back...more



Flambards by K. M. Peyton
Horse fever? Downton Abbey fan? Yes...more



The World is a Carpet:
Four Seasons in an Afghan Village
by Anna Badkhen
Yes, sometimes the world is a carpet, but mostly it’s not. 
This book is about a world that’s not...more



      Give and Take 
by Adam Grant
   There are givers. There are takers. 
Who wins? Who loses?...more

      
A Curious Man: The Strange & Brilliant Life of
Robert "Believe It or Not!" Ripley
by Neal Thompson
You may have suspected that Robert Ripley was an odd fellow. If so, you were right...more



Y by Marjorie Celona
There are times that I think it might be a good idea to have warning labels on teen books...more



Marbles, Mania, Depression, Michelanglo, & Me:
A Graphic Memoir 
by Ellen Forney
Read this extended title. It is a perfect description of this little book. 
And that's all you really need to know about it.



The House at the End of Hope Street
by Menna Van Praag
Alba Ashby, after suffering a humiliating defeat, 
arrives unexpectedly at the house at the end of Hope Street 
and finds a way to heal...more




What Came in the Mail Last Week




Martin & Mahalia: 
His Words, Her Song
by Andrea Davis Pinkney & Brian Pinkney



The Soul of All Living Creatures:
What Animals Can Teach Us About Being Human
by Vint Virga




What I'm Reading Now



The Hottest Dishes of the Tartar Cuisine
by Alina Bronsky





My book club chose a mystery-of-your-choice for June.
Any suggestions?


What did you finish last week? 
What do you hope to read this week?




It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. Book Journey offers a weekly contest for those who visit 10 or more of the Monday Meme participants and leave a comment telling BJ how many you visited.

29 comments:

  1. Have a good reading week, you got loads read last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of all the reviews I completed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely books! I must read Eleanor and Park...curious about Y.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you must read Eleanor & Park. And Y, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh nice! Haven't heard of these reads but I hope you enjoyed them all!


    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great reading week for you I see, and full of pretty interesting reads too. I'm still curious about the Robert Ripley story, so I may just have to have a look in to that one.

    I hope you enjoy all your upcoming reads :-)

    My Book Bubble

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You got so much read! I, too, am interested in Robert Ripley's story. Come see my Monday Report. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely comment on Eleanor & Park ... makes me want to pick it up and I'm curious about Y.
    Have a great week and enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep hearing great things about Eleanor & Park. I can't wait to give it a try!

    Have you read Broken Harbor by Tana French? Excellent mystery. So is The Shadows in the Street by Susan Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for these mystery suggestions, Les! Now I'm off to see if I can find copies of these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how diverse your read are - and the cover for Y is just stunning! Have a great week.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard really great things about Eleanor and Park so I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eleanor & Park! Marbles! The Hottest Dishes of the Tartar Cuisine! They're all good reads. I can't wait to read your thoughts on that last one. Is school out for you yet?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Eleanor and Park. I am very intrigued by Y. I saw it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet the Ripley book was interesting! I really liked The House at the End of Hope Street. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Tartar Cuisine book is on my wishlist. It sounds really quirky. Hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice list of books! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The House at the end of Hope Street looks amazing! Enjoy! Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love a good mystery. I recommend Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn if you haven't read it yet

    Have a great reading week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love a good mystery. I recommend Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn if you haven't read it yet

    Have a great reading week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always a great list Deb & glad you discovered bea at FHC :))
    Hoping you were able to jump in?

    Any Agatha is a mystery to enjoy, but if you can get review copies for the one I'm reading as listed, you will NOT be disappointed!! it is delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm curious about Eleanor & Park. Is it really that good? cheers. enjoy your week.
    http://www.thecuecard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Keep them coming, if you have more ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Unfortunately, I'm still reading the same book as last week. The Host by Stephenie Meyer.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love what an interesting mixture of books you've got listed! I see a lot of new ones to be added to my tbr pile!
    Thanks for stopping by my It's Monday! Post this week!
    Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow what a collection! I am hoping to read Eleanor & Park this month for the contemporary fiction event that I am co-hosting. I will check out your review after I've finished my own. I hope you had a lovely week!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.