Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Top Ten Rebels in Literature



Top Ten Rebels in Literature



Asher Lev



Meg Murray


Holden Caulfield


Owen Meany


Scarlett O'Hara


The Little Prince



Stargirl



Anne of Green Gables



Pippi Longstocking



Huckleberry Finn



Muriel Pritchett



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



15 comments:

  1. I always love to read your Top 10 lists. They are the lists I would probably make if I had one bit of imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting choice of rebels, I'd list most of them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to nominate Harriet M. Welsch also known as Harriet the Spy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a child, my daughter loved Pippi Longstocking.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting list. Just wondering..... why are they considered Rebels? I can kind of understand, but was just wondering what your criteria was for calling them Rebels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muriel Pritchett is a fantastic for this list, especially when you think about Macon and his family.

    My Top Ten List

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list, especially Scarlett O'Hara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I certainly agree with Stargirl. She is one of my favorite characters of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, PIPPI LONGSTOCKING, how could I have forgotten her?! She was my hero when I was a kid. I was SO influenced by her adventures.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have absolutely no idea what I meant by rebel...courageous...true to self...brave...thoughtful...inquisitive...That's the best I can do after a day like today, bookwormfamily. Thank you for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to be Pippi when I was a kid, I even had my mom do my hair in pig tails a lot and was always disappointed when they would just fall limp instead of standing straight out like hers :D

    And oh do I love Holden Caufield, I still swear I'm going to name a kid after him one day, and I finally forced someone I know to read the book YEY

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the choice of Asher Lev...I thought that book was even better than The Promise.

    How about Eloise? Or Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird?

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.